Location, Location, Location!
Searching for a town with a centralized location, a thriving town center, and its very own boat and country clubs? You found it in the lovely town of Winchester. A quick eight miles northwest of Boston, this town is known throughout the Commonwealth for its large, traditional homes and quaint lifestyle.
Located on the famed Mystic Lake, this community borders Lexington, Arlington, Stoneham, Woburn and Medford. This is a popular commuting location with two MBTA commuter rail stops, Winchester Center and Wedgemere, that will take you quickly into North Station in Boston. Winchester is also served by two bus lines that can bring you to the Orange Line in Medford for connections to points all over Boston and to the popular Burlington Mall for upscale shopping.
Winchester gives you convenient access to the area’s main highways including Route 93, Route 2 and Route 128.
Winchester by the Numbers
Before we tour Winchester’s gorgeous neighborhoods, let’s start off with some quick facts to get acquainted with the town:
- Winchester Population: 21,676
- Square Miles: 6.04
- Distance from Boston: 7 miles
- 2021 Average Home Price: Single Family $1,431,807; Condo $822,124
- 2022 Property Tax Rate Per $1,000: $12.51
- High School Average SAT Scores: 1,271
Things to See and Do
Shopping, dining, fishing, swimming, whatever you like to do, you´ll find a place to enjoy it in Winchester. The town center is filled with little coffee shops, boutiques, bookshops and restaurants. The Mystic Lake area is filled with recreational opportunities including bicycling, boating, cross-country skiing, jogging, ice skating, the list goes on. There are also 11 playing fields throughout the town for baseball, softball, soccer and tennis, as well as childrens’ play areas. For those of you looking for a more exclusive recreational experience, there is the Winchester Boat Club, where members often partake in sailing on the Mystic, and the Winchester Country Club featuring a luxurious 18-hole golf course.
For the sixth consecutive year, Winchester Hospital was named to the Boston Globe’s 100 Top Places to Work in Massachusetts.
Winchester’s children enjoy five public elementary schools, one middle school and a high school, in addition to a town-wide public preschool program at the Lynch Elementary school. The yearly expenditure per student is $12,995. The average SAT scores for the town’s high school students is 1238. Visit the Winchester Public Schools’ website for more information, or click the links below to read more about each school.
Winchester Public Schools:
- A Tavola – 34 Church Street
- Black Horse Tavern – 32 Waterfield Road
- China Sky– 27 Converse Place
- Comella’s – 529 Main Street
- D’Agostino’s Deli – 11 Waterfield Road
- Eighty Eight Cafe – 358 Washington Street
- Eleni’s Mediterranean Grille – 599 Main Street
- First House Pub – 528 Main Street
- Gloria’s Pizzeria – 920 Main Street
- Joe’s Main Street Pizza – 612 Main Street
- La Patisserie– 30 Church Street
- Lucia Ristorante Winchester – 13 Mount Vernon Street
- Mitho Restaurant – 831 Main Street
- Sakura Japanese – 910 Main Street
- Swanton Street Diner – 72 Swanton Street
- Toscano’s Italian Kitchen – 740 Main Street
The following links were compiled to help you navigate your way around life in Winchester via the World Wide Web! Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you know of other interesting Winchester sites that would help other visitors.
Need help setting up utilities service for your new home? I have put together some useful numbers and information for Winchester utilities.
I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing me as your real estate professional.
If you have more questions about Winchester, or about any of the surrounding towns, please call anytime. I look forward to hearing from you!
Elizabeth Crampton, Premier Agent, CRS
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage