Location, Location, Location!
Located a bit further west, Wayland is about 17 miles from Boston, halfway between Boston and Worcester. Wayland’s stunning landscape of perfect winding roads marked with even more perfect homes put this exclusive community high on people’s short list of most-wanted towns. Four major highways near town get you where you need to go, they are Routes 495, 95, 9 and I-90.
The MBTA provides bus service through a private company into Back Bay Station, Park Square, South Station and Government Center Station.
Wayland by the Numbers
There’s so much to say about this thriving community, but let´s start with some numbers. These are key takeaways that you can use to help in your search for a new home.
Wayland by the Numbers
- Wayland Population: 13,882
- Square Miles: 15.2
- Distance from Boston: 17 miles
- 2022 Average Home Price: $1,150,164; Condo: $857,476
- 2023 Property Tax Rate, Per $1,000: $16.65
- High School Average SAT Scores: 1,302
- Median Household Income: $203,789
Things to See and Do
Lake Cochituate and Carding Mill Pond offer many water-based activities right in town, including beaches, boat launches and fishing. Carding Mill Pond also offers serene conservation land for hiking and horseback riding. Also available for residents in town are tennis courts, ice skating, a swimming pool and playgrounds for the kids.
Golf, golf, and more golf is another activity you’ll find in Wayland with numerous private and public courses.
Wayland public courses:
Places to Eat!
- 110 Grill – 171 Commonwealth Road
- Coach Grill – 55 Boston Post Road
- China Rose Cuisine & Bar – 15 East Plain Street
- Dudley Chateau – 20 Crest Road
- Einstein Bros. Bagels – 44 Main Street
- Giacomo’s Ristorante – 14 Elissa Avenue
- Liberty Pizza – 116 Main Street
- Mel’s Commonwealth Cafe – 310 Commonwealth Road
- Spice & Pepper – 236 Boston Post Road
- Takara Japanese Restaurant – 15 Elissa Avenue
- The Local – 400 Boston Post Road
- The Villa – 124 East Plain Street
- Wayland Pizza House – 336 Boston Post Road
Wayland’s public schools are made up of three elementary, one middle and one high school featuring a strong college prep program. The average SAT score is 1,302. For those just starting out, there is The Children’s Way preschool program, run as an offshoot of the Wayland public schools. View the Wayland Public Schools’ website for more information or click on the links below for more about each school. For Covid-19 updates, click here.
Wayland Public Schools
- Wayland High School
- Wayland Middle School
- Claypit Hill Elementary
- Happy Hollow Elementary
- Loker Elementary
- The Children’s Way
Need help setting up utilities service for your new home? I have put together some useful numbers and information for Wayland Utilities.
I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing me as your real estate professional.
If you have more questions about Wayland, or about any of the surrounding towns, please call anytime. I look forward to hearing from you!
Elizabeth Crampton, Premier Agent, CRS
Coldwell Banker Realty