Location, Location, Location!
The City of Melrose is just under 10 miles from Boston with easy access to and from the city through the MBTA Haverhill Line! There is a tremendous amount of activities in Melrose, no matter your interests. From dining to nature trails and parks, annual festivals and live musical performances throughout the year, there is truly no shortage of options. If adventuring out in nature is appealing, Melrose borders the Middlesex Fells, a whopping 2,200 acres with endless trails and beautiful skylines to explore. The local Ell Pond is a stunning area to sit by or walk around as it is right in the center of town. No need to leave the convenience and charming downtown area if you would prefer an entire day of shopping and eating local either. If you are looking for a quick coffee to go, or a full course Italian or Seafood dining experience, there is something for everyone. With impressive history, dog parks, golf courses and live performances from the symphony orchestra’s, this town has the community for all.
Melrose by the Numbers
- Melrose Population: 29,312
- Square Miles: 4.8
- 2022 Average Home Price: Single Family $913,930; Condo $542,180
- 2023 Property Tax Rate Per $1,000: $6.25
- Average High School SAT: 1,220
Things to See and Do
- Victorian Fair
- Ell Pond
- Pine Bank Dog Park
- Melrose Symphony Orchestra
- Melrose Farmer’s Market
- Middlesex Fells Reservation
- Mount Hood Golf Course
- Bellevue Golf Club
- Melrose Memorial Hall
- Giacomo’s Melrose – 454 Main St.
- Bobby C’s Ristorante – 20 Main St
- Comella’s Restaurant – 478A Main St
- Rising Eagle Publick House – 505 Main St.
- Mexico Lindo – 449 Main St.
- La Qchara – 506 Franklin St.
- The Bangkok – 57 W Wyoming Ave
- Tenoch Mexican – 517 Main St.
- Ocean Sushi Restaurant – 16 Oak Grove
Please visit the Melrose Public Schools website for more information.
Melrose City Websites
I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing me as your real estate professional. If you have more questions about Melrose, or about any of the surrounding towns, please call anytime. I look forward to hearing from you!
Elizabeth Crampton, VP, CRS
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage | Egcrampton@aol.com | cell: 781-389-4400