Belmont Neighborhoods Map
Location, Location, Location!
Known as the “Town of Homes,” Belmont’s charming streets are filled with stately, colonial masterpieces that make this town so desirable. This town is almost eight miles northwest of Boston and is surrounded by Arlington, Cambridge, Lexington, Waltham and Watertown.
Belmont is served by two MBTA commuter rail stops that take you right into North Station in Boston and numerous bus lines that can connect you to Mt. Auburn Hospital, Harvard Square, Alewife Station with access to the Red Line, and spots in Lexington and Arlington.
Routes 16 and 60 are secondary roadways that can lead you to main commuting highways. Route 2 runs through Belmont and can easily connect you to Route 128.
Belmont by the Numbers
Before we tour Belmont’s gorgeous neighborhoods, let’s start off with some quick facts to get acquainted with the town:
- Belmont Population: 27,809
- Square Miles: 4.66
- 2022 Average Home Price: Single Family $1,719,494; Condo $805,970
- 2023 Property Tax Rate Per $1,000: $11.25
- Average High School SAT: 1,315
- Median Household Income: $151,502
Things to See and Do
It isn’t often that you see a town center maintain its small town feel when located so close to Boston. Belmont has done just that with locally-owned shops and restaurants, bustling Cushing Square is loaded to cafes, boasting a cheese shop, a vintage hardware store and more.
Those with varying outdoor interests will love all that Belmont has to offer, including the Beaver Brook reservation encompassing approximately 60 acres. From hiking to skiing and even a spray pool for the kids, there’s always something to do at Beaver Brook. The Underwood park area offers an outdoor ice rink and pool. And the Payson Park Music Festival brings all kinds of music to the great outdoors for people to enjoy in the summer months.
The Massachusetts Audubon Society also runs the Habitat Education Center and Wildlife Sanctuary, which includes 2.5 miles of trails.
Belmont High School was just named number 9 on the 2023 NICHE.com top public high schools in Massachusetts, something that the town is very proud of. Leading up to the high school, the town also has four high-achieving elementary schools, one middle school and a town wide preschool, as well as the renowned private schools Belmont Day School and Belmont Hill School. Visit the Belmont Public Schools’ website for more information or click on the links below for more about each school. For Covid-19 updates, click here.
- Arlington School – Special Education, 9-12
- Belmont Day School – PK-8
- Pathways Academy – Special Education, 3-12
- Belmont Hill School – Boys School, 7-12
- Waldorf High School of Massachusetts Bay – 9-12
- Ani Catering & Cafe – 687 Belmont Street
- Bellmont Caffe – 80 Leonard Street
- Belmont Pizza – 388 Trapelo Road
- Black Bear Cafe – 79 Leonard Street
- Cafe Vanak – 271 Belmont Street
- Comella’s – 43 Leonard Street
- Fiorella’s Express – 263 Belmont Street
- Gen Sushi – 61 Concord Avenue
- Gregory’s House of Pizza – 27 Leonard Street
- Il Casale – 50 Leonard Street
- La Victoria Taqueria – 66 Leonard Street
- Lisa’s Family Pizzeria – 368 Trapelo Road
- Mark & Toni’s – 121 Trapelo Road
- Michael’s Pizza – 191 Belmont Street
- My Other Kitchen – 762 Pleasant Street
- Nick’s Place II – 6 Channing Road
- Number One Taste – 382 Trapelo Road
- Patou Thai – 69 Leonard Street
- Pho and Thai – 63 White Street
- Rancatore’s – 36 Leonard Street
- Savinos Grill – 449 Common Street
- Shines Fresh Asian – 30 Leonard Street
- Stone Hearth Pizza – 57 Leonard Street
- Spice Delight – 63 Concord Avenue
- Spoodles Soup Factory – 374 Trapelo Road
- Thai Noodle Cafe – 289 Belmont Street
- The Wellington – 75 Leonard Street
- Trinktisch – 87 Leonard Street
- Ovenbird Cafe – 105 Trapelo Road
Need help setting up utilities service for your new home? I have put together some useful numbers and information for Belmont utilities.
I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing me as your real estate professional.
If you have more questions about Belmont, or about any of the surrounding towns, please call anytime. I look forward to hearing from you!
Elizabeth Crampton, VP, CRS
Coldwell Banker Realty