Location, Location, Location
Gorgeous homes in all sizes. Great restaurants and shopping. A rich Revolutionary history. The town of Bedford is a wonderful blend of the best that New England has to offer. Located 16 miles north-west of Boston, Bedford is easy to get in and out of with convenient access to many main commuter routes including Routes 3 and 128. I often describe Bedford as a “hidden gem” to my clients.
The MBTA also provides bus service into Alewife Station in Cambridge where you can grab the subway for a quick trip into Boston. Depending on how you look at it, Bedford is either the start or the end of the Minuteman Bikeway. This 11-mile trail is a favorite for walkers, runners and cyclists. On the other end of the trail is Alewife Station in Cambridge, with Arlington and Lexington in between.
Bedford by the Numbers
I know you’re probably excited to head out, but first here are some quick facts to learn more about Bedford:
- Bedford Population: 14,171
- Square Miles: 13.7
- Distance from Boston: 16 miles
- 2022 Average Home Price: Single Family $1,094,018; Condo $735,564
- 2023 Property Tax Rate Per $1,000: $12.48
- High School Average SAT Scores: 1,237
- Median Household Income: $140,647
Things to See and Do
A quick trip to the Bedford Public Library brings you face to face with an important part of United States history: the oldest known surviving intact American flag.
The Bedford public school system is made up of two elementary schools, one for kindergarten through second grade and another for grades three through five. There is also one middle school and one high school with the average SAT score for Bedford High students being 1237. Visit the Bedford Public Schools’ website for more information or click on the links below for more about each school. For Covid-19 updates, click here.
Bedford Public Schools
Bedford Private Schools
- Nashoba Learning Group – Special Education, PK-12
Places to Eat!
- Bamboo – 213 Burlington Road
- Bedford House of Roast Beef – 328 Great Road
- Bruegger’s Bagel & Jamba Juice – 158 Great Road
- Blue Fuji – 200 Great Road
- Eva’s Little Kitchen – 200 Great Road
- Express Pizza – 65 Loomis Street
- Flatbread Company – 213 Burlington Road
- Ginger Japanese Cuisine – 88 Great Road
- Holi – 20 North Road
- Indo Yums -347 Great Road
- Ken’s NY Deli & Brick Oven Pizzeria – 72 Great Road
- Minuteman Diner – 363 Great Road
- Panera Bread – 213 Burlington Road
- Peppers Grille – 321 Great Road
- Red Heat Tavern – 152 Great Road
- Steves House of Pizza – 30 Shawsheen Avenue
- Sun Valley Subs – 57 Summer Streett
- Tashan – 213 Burlington Road
- The Great Wall – 309B Great Road
- The Melting Pot – 213 Burlington Road
- Virsa De Punjab – 347 Great Road
Need help setting up utilities service for your new home? I have put together some useful numbers and information for Bedford utilities.
I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing me as your real estate professional.
If you have more questions about Bedford, or about any of the surrounding towns, please call anytime. I look forward to hearing from you!
Elizabeth Crampton, Premier Agent, CRS
Coldwell Banker Realty