Location, Location, Location!
The city of Somerville is located 3.4 miles directly northwest of Boston, a commuter’s dream! Drivers can connect with the McGrath Highway or Interstate 93, as both pass right through the city. The MBTA also offers direct access to the Boston or points north, via rapid transit trains and 15 different bus routes, with additional rail service available nearby. This is a popular walking and biking city, as well. Walking on the Somerville Community Path you’ll find grass, trees, a community garden and convenient connections to nearby shops and restaurants.
Somerville has history dating back to 1842 which you will see in some of the neighborhood architecture, but it has also embraced a modern vibe. the Assembly Row District which offers upscale shops, hip restaurants and apartments with amazing views of the Mystic River.
- Somerville Population: 79,507
- Square Miles: 4.2
- 2020 Average Home Price: Single Family $1,020,291,; Condo $817,543; Multi-Family $1,303,000
- 2021 Property Tax Rate Per $1,000: $10.19
- Average High School SAT: 1,051
Things to See and Do
- Assembly Row
- Brooklyn Boulders
- Somerville Theatre
- Winter Farmers Market
- The Museum of Bad Art
- Sacco’s Bowl Haven
- Somerville Brewing Company
- Davis Square
- Union Square
- Anna’s Taqueria – 236 Elm Street
- Boston Burger Company – 37 Davis Square
- Bronwyn – 255 Washington Street
- Dave’s Fresh Pasta – 572 Boston Ave
- Highland Kitchen – 150 Highland Ave
- Mr. Crepe – 51 Davis Square
- Oath Craft Pizza – 280 Elm Street
- Posto – 187 Elm Street
- Snappy Kitchen – 420 Highland
- Somerville Brewing – 490 Foley Street
- Sound Bites – 704 Broadway
- Union Square Donuts – 20 Bow Street
I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing me as your real estate professional.
If you have more questions about Somerville, or about any of the surrounding towns, please call anytime. I look forward to hearing from you!
Elizabeth Crampton, VP, CRS
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage