Location, Location, Location!
You will be hard-pressed to find another town in the country with such a storied history, a deep appreciation for the environment, and a landscape of beautiful homes as Concord, Massachusetts. Located 18 miles west of Boston, Concord is the scene of the first battle of the American Revolution.
The town’s storied past is well-maintained in the beautiful structure and decor of its homes. The area is also rich in farmland and protected open spaces.
Concord has two MBTA commuter rail stops, as well as a commuter bus that brings people into Boston. This country town is convenient to all major routes including Route 128, Route 495 and Route 2.
Concord by the Numbers
- Concord Population: 19,830
- Square Miles: 24.9
- Distance from Boston: 18 miles
- 2019 Average Home Price: Single Family $1,338,000; Condo $695,000
- 2020 Property Tax Rate Per $1,000: $14.23
- High School Average SAT Scores: 1,275
Things to See and Do
The most famous recreational space in Concord is by far Walden Pond, an environmental gem made popular by Henry David Thoreau who lived on Walden Pond for two years. Walden Woods is a national historic landmark made up of 2,680 acres, including the pond and the surrounding undeveloped woods and hiking paths. On any given summer day, this pond is filled with people swimming, sunbathing and exploring the beauty of it all.
There is also a chance to get closer to nature at Great Meadows National Wildlife Refuge, a habitat for wildlife, especially migratory birds. The South Bridge Boat House also offers canoe rentals and other cruises along the Concord River. Along with Thoreau, Concord was home to many other famous authors, including Ralph Waldo Emerson, Nathaniel Hawthorne and Louisa May Alcott and they are all buried on Authors Ridge in Concord’s Sleepy Hollow Cemetery.
For those seeking more modern recreation, you can head to the Hunt Recreation Center for a full gym and basketball and volleyball courts. The newer Beede Swim and Fitness Center offers a variety of pools for working out or simply relaxing with the family.
A variety of shops and galleries dot the winding streets of both Concord and West Concord centers. Sure to please window shoppers and serious shoppers alike, the cobbled streets and squares are packed with cheese and chocolate shops, antique, toy and clothing boutiques.
Concord is served by a public preschool system, three elementary, one middle school and one regional high school shared with the neighboring town of Carlisle. There are also a number of private schools in town, including the Fenn School, Nashoba Brook, Middlesex School and Concord Academy. The average SAT score for the town’s high school students is 1285. Visit the Concord Public Schools’ website for more information or click on the links below for more about each school.
- Concord Integrated Preschool
- Alcott Elementary
- Thoreau Elementary
- Willard Elementary
- Concord Middle School
- Concord Carlisle Regional High School
- Minuteman Regional High School
- Colonial Inn – 48 Monument Square
- Chang An – 10 Concord Crossing
- Rossini’s – 206 Fitchburg Turnpike
- Club Car Cafe – 20 Commonwealth Avenue
- 80 Thoreau – 80 Thoreau Street
- Fiorella’s – 24 Walden Street
- Comella’s – 33 Main Street
- Concord Teacakes – 59 Commonwealth Avenue
- Papa Razzi – 768 Elm Street
- Debra’s Natural Gourmet – 98 Commonwealth Avenue
- Main Street Market and Cafe – 46 Main Street
- Sorrento’s – 58 Thoreau Street
- Woods Hill Table – 24 Commonwealth Avenue
- Adelita – 1200 Main Street
- Saltbox Kitchen – 84 Commonwealth Avenue
- Nashoba Brook Bakery – 152 Commonwealth Ave # 3
- Rapscallion Kitchen & Bar – 208 Fitchburg Turnpike
Need help setting up utilities service for your new home? I have put together some useful numbers and information for Concord utilities.
I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing me as your real estate professional.
If you have more questions about Concord, or about any of the surrounding towns, please call anytime. I look forward to hearing from you!
Elizabeth Crampton, Premier Agent, CRS
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage