Need help setting up utilities service for your new home? I have put together some useful numbers and information for Bedford utilities:
National Grid 800-233-5325
Many local companies will contact you to solicit your business, once you “close.”
Phone, Fax, Internet, and Cable:
AT&T (800) 222-3000 Comcast (877) 536-7260
Verizon (800) 837-4966
Local cable access is provided by Bedford TV, located in Old Town Hall on South Road, Bedford. Call (781) 275-5004.
Public Works Department (781) 275-7605
The Town of Bedford offers free weekly curbside recycling of paper, cardboard, plastics, glass, and metal. Recyclables must be placed in designated recycling bins available from the Department of Public Works, 314 Great Road. More information can be obtained by clicking here or by calling them at (781) 275-7605.
The Town Hall is located at 10 Mudge Way and the Selectmen’s office can be reached at (781) 275-1111. Town Hall hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
Bedford has two elementary schools, a middle school, and a high school, all located within its borders. They can be contacted at the following telephone numbers. A regional vocational technical school located in the neighboring town of Billerica serves high school age youth in Bedford and neighboring towns.
- Bedford Public Schools, Central Administration, 97 McMahon Road (781) 275-7588
- Davis Elementary School, 410 Davis Road, Bedford (781) 275-6804 grades K, 1, 2
- Job Lane Elementary School, 66 Sweetwater Avenue, Bedford (781) 275-7606 grades 3, 4, 5
- John Glenn Middle School, 99 McMahon Road, Bedford (781) 275-3201 grades 6, 7, 8
- Bedford High School, 9 Mudge Way, Bedford (781) 275-1700 grades 9, 10, 11, 12
- Shawsheen Tech, 100 Cook Street, Billerica, MA 01821 (978) 667-2111
The Town of Bedford has one library, the Bedford Free Public Library located at 7 Mudge Way, diagonally across the street from the Police Station and next to Bedford High School. The library is part of the regional Minuteman Library Network and patrons can check out books from a variety of libraries associated with the network.
The Town of Bedford website has lots of local information you’ll find helpful too!
Don’t hesitate to call me at (781) 389-4400 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any help or have any questions.